Nearly a quarter of all deaths involving vehicles at work occur while the vehicle is reversing. Many more accidents do not result in injury but cause costly damage to vehicles, equipment and premises. Most of these accidents happen at low speeds and could be prevented by taking some simple safety precautions.
The Banksman course has been specifically designed to train candidates in how to safely manoeuvre vehicles on site and to significantly reduce the risk of accidents and injuries.
You will learn:
- How to safely manoeuvre and guide vehicles
- How to precisely execute the ten traffic signals
- Identify risks on site; how to limit and control these risks
- Your responsibilities as a Banksman and proper Banksman procedures
- The responsibilities of the driver and the site manager