For the AS you will develop an understanding of:
• The use of ICT in different situations.
• The effects of the use of ICT.
• The range of hardware and software to solve ICT based problems.
• The principles of human-computer and computer-computer communications.
• How to tailor applications to meet a specific need.
For the A2 you will be encouraged to:
• Develop analysis and design skills to solve problems.
• Be systematic when producing a solution.
• Apply your ICT knowledge to different contexts.
• Produce an individual project by developing communication, and time management skills when producing a solution for others.
Module title Description of work / Assessment method Completed
Information, Systems and Applications Written exam (2 Hours) – 30% Summer
Structured Practical ICT Tasks Modular assessed coursework tasks set by the exam board – 20% March
ICT Systems, Applications and Implications Written exam (2 Hours) – 30% Summer
ICT Project Assessed coursework project chosen by the student – 20% March