For the A/S course, you will study 2 units:
Unit 1: Listening, Reading and Writing
Unit 2: Speaking
For the A2 course in Year 13, you will study a further 2 units:
Unit 3: Listening, Reading and Writing
Unit 4: Speaking
Healthy Living / Lifestyle
Family and Relationships
The Multicultural Society
Contemporary Social Issues: Wealth and Poverty, Law and Order, Impact of Scientific and technological progress
2 cultural Topics:
A period of 20th century history from a target language-speaking country/community
• Main events of the period
• Causes of these events
• The importance/influence/effects of these events
• The ideas and influences of at least two individuals who made a significant impact during the period
• Specific actions of these individuals plus an appraisal of the importance of these actions
• A personal perspective: Would I have liked to live in that period?
A dramatist or poet from a target language-speaking country/community
• A detailed study of at least one play or collection of poems, plus personal appraisal
• The themes/ideas/messages of the dramatist/poet
• How these themes/ideas/messages are expressed
• What/who influences/inspires the dramatist/poet? Why does he/she feel as he/she does?
• A personal evaluation of the dramatist's/poet's work: Why do I enjoy the work of this dramatist/poet?