Dog Grooming - Level 2 (Certificate)
Course delivery:Classroom based
More course information
This course is designed to give you all the practical skills needed to become a dog grooming assistant. This course covers all of the essential aspects of preparing, bathing and drying of all breeds and coat types, as well as the health and safety and animal welfare required in a grooming salon. The programme content includes:
* Prepare and groom dogs prior to bathing
* Bathe and clean dogs
* Clean and maintain equipment used for grooming or removing hair from animals
* Control and restrain animals
* Dry dogs and prepare their coat for styling
* Deliver basic treatments to animals
* Maintain the cleanliness and bio security of the animal care working environment
Full time learners will be in college but will have an external work placement hours from 60 hours within the year.
More related courses
Essential Tips on Online Learning
The coronavirus crisis has affected students at all levels, and it continues ...
Our Top Tips for Setting Good Study Habits
Starting your journey into further education might seem daunting, and the cou...
What Is a Vocational Course And What Are The Benefits?
A vocational course is a further education route into a specific career, with...