Engineering - Level 3 (Extended Diploma) - Anglian Water Alliances
Course delivery:Classroom based
More course information
This course is suitable for those who wish to progress into electrical and/or mechanical engineering.
The course is designed with Anglian Water Alliances with the specific aim of progressing into work with them. On successful completion you will be guaranteed an interview with the alliance for their apprenticeship program which can then lead onto higher education and degree courses.
The majority of study will be at the Wisbech campus, delivered by college tutors, through practical and theory based sessions.
In addition to this, industry specialists from the alliance will contribute to the learning programme. An important element of the course is the work placement component, which will be with one or more of the alliance companies, where you will gain some valuable work experience.
The course content consists of a number of units from the list below:
* Health and safety
* Communications for engineering technicians
* Engineering project
* Mathematics for engineering technicians
* Mechanical principles and applications
* Engineering design
* Commercial aspects of engineering organisations
* Properties and applications of engineering materials
* Computer aided drafting
* Three-Phase Motors and Drives
* Principles and Operation of Three-Phase Systems
* Features and Applications of Electrical Machines
* Applications of Mechanical Systems in Engineering
* Further mathematics for engineering technicians
* Business Operations in Engineering
* Electrical and Electronic Principle
* Engineering Drawing for Technicians
* Selecting and Using Programmable Logic Controllers
* Electronic Measurement and Testing
More related courses
Essential Tips on Online Learning
The coronavirus crisis has affected students at all levels, and it continues ...
Our Top Tips for Setting Good Study Habits
Starting your journey into further education might seem daunting, and the cou...
What Is a Vocational Course And What Are The Benefits?
A vocational course is a further education route into a specific career, with...