ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages - Full-Time
Course delivery:Classroom based
More course information
This course is for young people aged 16 - 18 years old who want to improve their language skills for further study at the college or employment. The course will emphasise Language skills - reading, writing, speaking and listening in a variety of contexts. Numeracy and ICT will also be taught. Vocational workshop tasters and work experience will be included where possible.
Better English will:
* Give you the language and study skills you need to progress to a vocational course, A-level, access course or university degree
* Improve your skills and confidence at home and work
* Help you to apply for jobs
* Help you work in a team
* Help you to learn about life in the UK
* Give you the skills to gain a nationally recognised qualification in language.
We also offer a part-time equivalent of the ESOL course for students aged 19 or over starting each September. Therefore, if the number of places on the full-time course is limited, priority will be given to 16-18 year olds.
More related courses
Essential Tips on Online Learning
The coronavirus crisis has affected students at all levels, and it continues ...
Our Top Tips for Setting Good Study Habits
Starting your journey into further education might seem daunting, and the cou...
What Is a Vocational Course And What Are The Benefits?
A vocational course is a further education route into a specific career, with...