SWH Training access the skills and abilities of the candidates to prepare and operate winter service vehicles and equipment. Upon completion candidates will be eligible to obtain a NEREO operative or supervisor’s qualification registration card, endorsed with the appropriate category, valid for a five-year period.
This qualification has been developed for staff working for the Highways Agency, National Assembly for Wales and local authorities who are responsible for the direct supervision and operating of winter service vehicles and snow blowers.
You will learn:
- Health and safety legislation
- Working procedures
- Introduction to winter service equipment
- Defensive driving techniques
- Use of de-icing materials on the highway
- Asymmetric and symmetric spread patterns
- Rates of spread
- Snow ploughing techniques
- Practical introduction to winter service equipment
- Prepare and operate winter service vehicles and equipment over 7500kg LGV
In addition to the above, 7 hours can be registered towards Driver CPC for a fee of £25.00